Sunday, May 17, 2009

Negative people

There seems to be an increasing amount of these people in my life lately. Is it the economy? The fear of losing homes and life savings? I don't think so. I was discussing this with my sister. There are those who can find the one tiny black speck on a beautiful white wall. They look for the bad, the negative. If they cannot find it, they will create it. How sad to live one's life looking for bad things and expecting the worst. I know I am considered Little Mary Sunshine by several members of my family. Yes I am. I see the glass as half full of deliciousness. But I am not blind. I know that there is bad in the world, in my life, in everyone's lives. I try to make changes for the better where I can. If it is something I have no control over I work hard to let it go, or find a positive to dwell on. I have those around who see the glass as half empty, full of maggots and poisons. Why? It takes so much energy to find the bad stuff sometimes. Yes there is a lot of bad in the world, but there is also a lot of good. Why focus on the bad? The negative will suck the life right out of you. I know of one pathetic soul who is not happy until all around him are miserable and upset. And even that does not make him happy, it only gives him have some morbid sense of contentment. So sad. He will wind up alone because who will choose to be with that when they don't have to? I know just sharing a meal with him is so draining on me. I feel worn down emotionally and sad in spirit. I will take living in my world even if others think I am naive or even delusional. I see a brighter future for all of us. Even the negative people. Of course their bright future will give them skin cancer and cataracts.

Little Mary Sunshine wishes everyone a happy day and fantastic week.

No comments: